Information and Educational Technology (IET) offers a Private Cloud Service hosted in a VMWare environment. Server Virtualization has become a mainstream solution to help address these issues providing a scalable, cost effective, efficiently managed virtualization environment for the campus.
This centrally-managed service provides economies of scale not available to departments deploying individual servers or their own virtualization solution. Server Virtualization also contributes to the campus’ efforts to reduce costs and represents a technology solution consistent with the campus aspirations to champion “green” computing solutions.
1. Reduced physical space requirements
2. Reduced power and cooling costs and requirements
3. Meets green computing goals
4. Better resource utilization
5. Shorter deployment time for new servers
6. Flexible and dynamic hardware resource allocation and upgrades
7. Reduced administrative overhead
8. Reduced licensing costs
9. Disaster recovery
10.Seamless development to production migrations