ServiceNow is an enterprise cloud application that provides a robust suite of applications to automate and streamline IT and business unit operations. ServiceNow is offered under a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model and is accessed through a web-based interface that can be easily configured to adapt to a variety of workflow and processes.
ServiceNow is used nationwide by Fortune 100 and 500 companies and leading universities, including many in the University of California system. Our goal is to share this tool broadly across all IT units at UC Davis and offer the campus community a single interface/gateway to learn about and order IT services.
There are many applications available through ServiceNow. Each application contributes to an overall Service Management strategy to improve efficiency and align our offerings with the needs of the campus.
Current modules and applications include:
1. Contact Client Services. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interested.
2. Receive an overview of services. The Service Management team will provide you an overview of the ServiceNow platform and what you need to do to join.
3. Tell us what you do. The Service Management team collects the detailed information needed to get you started.
4. Analysis and design. Our team works with technical experts in the IET organization to analyze and design a solution that meets your needs.
5. Get training. Your support team receives detailed guidance on how to use ServiceNow.
6. Test drive. In this final step you will use your newfound knowledge and training to “test drive” the tool, fix any last minute issues, and finalize your processes before going live.
Pricing is on a per user, per month basis. Submitting requests is free.
Go to the Service Hub - servicehub.ucdavis.edu - where self-service tools such as the Knowledge Base and the IT Service Catalog are available 24/7, 365 days a year as is your ability to open a help ticket or view the status of your existing tickets. While onsite support is open during regular business hours, your ability to access self-service options is always available.