Campus Wireless Access
A service of IET
The UC Davis Wireless Network is available in many campus buildings and popular outdoor areas like The Quad and The Silo. (Coverage is limited in residential halls. Please visit the Student Housing Computing website for more information.)
Instructions on how to connect to all of the UC Davis wireless networks (including Eduroam and UCD-Guest):
Setting Up UCD Guest Wireless
As a courtesy to the thousands of campus visitors that come to UC Davis every year, we have set up wireless guest access for you.
The service is simple and easy to use.
- Simply set your computing device to search for available WIFI networks.
- Find the network called ucd-guest.
- Connect to ucd-guest.
- Open a browser.
- Follow the self-registration instructions.
- Enjoy the wonders of UC Davis.
Three wireless networks are currently available on the UC Davis campus:
- UCD Guest is the wireless network that is available to all guests of the campus. UCD Guest employs a browser-based captive-portal authentication and this means that there are limitations on "roaming" from one wireless access point to another (you may have to re-authenticate if you change buildings while using UCD Guest) and the wireless traffic between your laptop and the wireless access point is not encrypted.
- moobilenetx is the on-campus wireless network available to all UC Davis computing account holders. It employs an encrypted authentication protocol called 802.1x and all wireless traffic between your laptop and the wireless access point is encrypted. Once you configure your laptop and authenticate onto moobilenetx, your wireless connection will auto-associate with all moobilenetx access points.
- eduroam is the wireless network available to all eduroam-enabled accounts. It employs an encrypted authentication protocol called 802.1x and all wireless traffic between your laptop and the wireless access point is encrypted. For more information on eduroam, visit www.eduroam.us/. To use an eduroam account from another educational institution, please follow the instructions linked under "How to get started" on how to connect to eduroam with your operating system.