Qualtrics Research Suite for Online Surveys
A service of Campus IT Partners
Qualtrics Research Suite is a powerful survey tool that is highly customizable and easy to use. With Qualtrics, you can design and distribute surveys, manage the responses, track the participants, and analyze the data, all in an easy-to-navigate, web-based interface.
Qualtrics can be used for everything from simple program evaluations or satisfaction surveys to complex academic research. The service includes libraries of questions to get you started, and you can fully customize the look and feel of any survey. Survey results can be analyzed within the web interface or quickly be exported in a number of formats, and the software makes it easy to collaborate with others.
- Quick Survey Builder that guides beginners through creating a survey
- Survey Library with templates that you can customize to meet your specific needs
- Integrated statistics tools
- Integrated survey mailer that tracks and thanks respondents
- Ability to export data into multiple formats, including PDF, Word, Excel, SPSS, XML, and CSV
- Collaboration ability between users on surveys, including collaborators outside of UC Davis
- Advanced survey capabilities including audio/video insertion, branching, looping, advanced randomization, piping questions, and trigger-based responses
- API for integrating Qualtrics with other web services and locally-developed applications
No cost to campus affiliates.
Qualtrics Support is available by phone (800-340-9194) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) during their business hours (24 hour support Sunday 5:00 pm to Friday 8:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm EST), and self-service options for frequently asked questions and training tutorials are available on-demand at any time on the Qualtrics website.
Users who currently have a Qualtrics account and need support related to account configuration issues (e.g., difficulty with accessing an existing account) should contact IT Express.
Any use of Qualtrics for purposes of institutional analysis, including enrollment, instructional workload, faculty positions and other institutional policies must follow standard campuswide policies and practices (see links below). If you have questions for how your use of Qualtrics fits within these policies and practices, please contact email@example.com.
Use of Qualtrics for research, general administration, and other purposes is delegated to campus affiliates (staff, students and faculty) within the constraints of campus-wide policies and federal and state laws and regulations.
Relevant institutional policies include, but are not limited to:
Regarding general and acceptable use of electronic communications tools:
- Electronic Communications--Allowable Use: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/310/310-23.pdf
- Acceptable Use Policy: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/310/310-23a.pdf
- Mass Electronic Messaging: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/310/310-18.pdf
- Web Data Collection Privacy: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/ppm/310/310-70a.pdf
Regarding use of Qualtrics for research involving human subjects:
- Research Involving Human Subjects: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/contents.htm#240
- Institutional Review Board: http://research.ucdavis.edu/policiescompliance/irb-admin/
Regarding use of institutional data, including employee, student and alumni information:
- Data Administration Policy: http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/320/320-40.pdf