A service of AADI
GitHub is a service provided under the auspices of the Administrative Application Development Initiative (AADI) and supported by the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, Development & Alumni Relations, and the Division of Social Sciences in the College of Letters & Sciences.
GitHub is a Web-based Git repository hosting service. The largest code hosting system in the world with over 28.8 million repositories including the Linux kernel and the C++ programming language, it offers all of the distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.
AADI sponsors a UC Davis GitHub organization which enables private repositories (accessible only to the owners of that repo), advanced team functionality, and other enterprise features. The UC Davis GitHub organization is currently being used for a wide range of purposes including research projects, campus-wide business applications, and hosted websites.
- Source code management
- Integrated issue tracking
- Collaborative code review
- Teams for collaboration, including “secret” teams
- Private repositories
- Repository wikis
- Organization and project hosted webpages on GitHub Pages
- Source code (text) snippets with Gists
- Create a free account at GitHub.com using your @ucdavis.edu email address.
- Complete this form to request access to the UC Davis organization:
- Make awesome stuff!