A service of IET
Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming wireless service developed for the international research and education community.
Once you’re connected to eduroam, you can enjoy secure WiFi access at UC Davis, other educational institutions, and hotspots worldwide. No matter where you roam, your UC Davis security credentials are always checked back home at UC Davis. At eduroam hotspots around the world no one but you knows your credentials so your connection is safe from hackers.
- Automatic connection at hotspots worldwide
- Provides encrypted network access for visitors from participating institutions, without the need to gain guest credentials on arrival to an eduroam enabled location.
Since eduroam is a global WIFI service, signing up for it is a little different than for other services. You have to use your Kerberos ID (what you use to sign into CAS) plus our home institution – ucdavis.edu – to get connected. (If you’re not sure what your Kerberos or Login ID is, go to the Mail ID tool on tsp.ucdavis.edu to check.)
- Open your wireless network settings on your computer or device
- Choose eduroam
- Select connect automatically and then click connect
- A window prompting you to enter your user credentials will appear.
- In the username field, enter your Kerberos ID @ucdavis.edu
- In the password field, enter your Kerberos passphrase
- Once you have entered your information into both fields, click OK
No cost to UC Davis affiliates