Data Network Services
A service of IET
Data (NAM) installations, activations, and disconnects. The spectrum of communication services available at UC Davis can increase your efficiency in obtaining, distributing, and managing information.
- local area network coordination
- NAM (Network Access Module or "jack") management
- installation of additional hubs
- 10/100MB service to the NAM
- 1 Gig service to the NAM
- DSL service (requires prior approval from CR)
Each department on campus has an Authorized Telecommunications Representative (ATR) that is responsible for communications services. ATRs can access service request forms to order/change/disconnect telecommunications services, and download electronic telecommunications statements.
Data services are available 24/7. Customer service is available Mon-Fri, 8am-noon & 1-5pm (closed noon-1pm).
This service is covered by the Common Good Assessment (CGA). See the FAQ under Attachments & Downloads below for more information about the CGA and Communications Resources services.
For more information about the CGA in general, visit this page on the Budget & Institutional Analysis (BIA) website.
Ordering a NAM activation for immediate network connectivity
Requests may be submitted if your department has an existing local area network.
Please note - Formal estimates are necessary for new building construction, major space renovations or large department moves, as they are billed on a time and materials basis. Please consult with your Customer Service Representative in IET Communications Resources or call 752-4603 in order to initiate any estimating requests.
- Data activation is connecting an existing NAM to a live data switch and port.
- requires NAM installation and is based on a time and materials charge.
CR Telecommunications Standards
UC Davis Telecommunications Policy
- UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual, Chapter 310, Communications and Technology
- CR Confined Space Policy
- Private IP Address Space Guidelines - October 5, 2004.
- Departmental IP Address Range Allocation Guidelines - November 10, 2003.
Speed is dependent on existing wiring or the wiring being pulled for the installation. It can very from 10/100/1000MB.
- 10/100MB Service to the NAM provides data network connectivity at a maximum throughput of 10/100MB speed of service.
- 1 Gig Service to the NAM provides data network connectivity at a 1G speed of data.
Infoblox is the campus DNS and DHCP system offered by IET - Communications Resources. Campus network administrators can access Infoblox to control their department's subdomain names and DHCP configuration.